Today we continue a new series called “Journey to the Cross.” We begin by taking an in-depth look at the characters at the foot of the cross. This episode looks at The Priests and the crowd.
Here are the key points from this episode:
The priests easily manipulate the crowd
– A week earlier they were praising Jesus as He entered on Palm Sunday
– Corrupt leaders are capable of inducing a bad choice
Even though they chose Barabbas, they still had to make a decision about Jesus
– You don’t get rid of Jesus just because you choose another god
– Even today, the crowd will choose almost anything other than Jesus
“His blood be on us and on our children” was a prophetic statement, though they didn’t know that at the time.
– In AD 70 the city of Jerusalem was completely destroyed
– The blood of Jesus was shed for them and their children
Jesus still died for the priests and for the crowd.
“Mission Central” is available on iTunes, search podcasts for Mission Central.
You can subscribe to receive each new addition in your inbox.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!